2023 Alma Highland Festival Highland Dance Competitions and Championships
Friday, May 26-Sunday, May 28, 2023
ScotDance USA MW-0202
Kathleen Drummond - Maple Glen, Pennsylvania
Megan Grant - Fredericksburg, Virginia
Lindsay Recknagel - Lilburn, Georgia
Friday, May 26 - 6:00pm
Premier Solo, Duet and Group Choreography Competition
Saturday, May 27 - 9:00am & 1:00pm
Great Lakes Open Championship and Premiership
Sunday, May 28 - 9:00am & 1:00pm
Pre-Premier Competition and Great Lakes Closed Championship/Midwest Regional USIR Qualifier
1. Competitions will be conducted in accordance with the rules of the Royal Scottish Official Board of Highland Dancing (RSOBHD).
2. The judge’s decision is final.
3. Age groups will be determined according to the number of entries and competitors’ ages as of the day of the competitions, with the exception of the Great Lakes Closed Championship.
4. Dancers must present their 2023 registration card to register and receive awards. No paper or electronic copy of the card will be accepted. Pre-Premier cards will be collected at time of registration and returned after awards are handed out.
5. Dancers first to enter shall be last to dance. Dancers last to enter shall be first dance and serve as fill-ins for reels in Premier.
6. Dancers must be ready and appear when called or forfeit the chance to dance.
7. Dancers must be in full costume to receive awards.
8. Awards are given at the judge’s discretion.
9. Alma Highland Festival reserves the right to make changes to the event or schedule so long as the change falls within the scope of RSOBHD Rules.
Entries for the Great Lakes Closed Championship/Midwest Regional will be accepted through April 28.
Entries for all other events will be accepted through May 14.
No late entries will be accepted.
Megan Brown, Organizer